Monday, December 19, 2016

You Can Not Have a Meaningful Campaign if Strict Records are Not Kept

...but they might not have to be time records, you know? 

Maybe tracking time isn't lending anything meaningful to your campaign. It sure as hell doesn't make my games more fun. And yet, I do find that my campaigns are improved if I keep records of game elements other than the passage of time. For my games, keeping track of the various factions that are pushing their agendas in the campaign setting, what the various NPCs that the characters have met want and what they can do for the characters, and the general shape of the campaign's accumulating adventures is where the action is at.

If your campaign benefits from the same things as mine do, consider the record-keeping sheets below to be your early holiday presents. Now you can keep strict records and have a MEANINGFUL CAMPAIGN.