Monday, November 27, 2017

Krevborna Book Art Preview

The Krevborna book is edited.
Layout is done.
Art is placed. 

It looks great. My previous rpg books have been serviceable, in my opinion. Krevborna: A Gothic Blood Opera looks polished. It's easily the nicest looking and most immediately usable book I've done. 

You can preview some samples of the layout here

Of course, a large part of why the book looks so good is that I've hired actual artists to help me with the project. I haven't mentioned the artists working on it yet, so let's rectify that.

Michael Gibbons, who you might know from his cartography and setting work over at the Metal Earth or his webcomic Cosmic Tales, supplied the setting map that appears in the book:




Gib also did a number of spot illustrations, such as these mysterious impaled bodies placed by a lonely chapel of the Church of Saintly Blood.

The chapter illustrations were provided by Becky Munich. I believe this is Becky's first foray into rpg products, but she's worked on a number of awesome projects such as film posters, t-shirt design for Sabbath Assembly, the Occult Activity Books, and my own book Morbid Fantasies. Here are some examples of her art in the Krevborna book:






Becky is also doing the cover art for Krevborna: A Gothic Blood Opera, and I'll be sure to tease that at a later date to keep appetites duly whetted.

The book will be available in two formats:
Pdf
Printed book + pdf combo

There will be no Kickstarter, no Patreon. Just a book you can buy in print or digitally if you want it.

Right now it looks like I'm going with RPGNow/DriveThruRPG for distribution.  The book will be printed in color. Right now the manuscript is about 120 pages of Gothic Fantasy adventure.

Expected release date is early 2018.