A new year has arrived, and with it a new issue of Strahd Loves, Man Kills, my Ravenloft fanzine. My hope is that SLMK will give you new toys to play with and inspire your own unique take on Ravenloft.
This issue features 28 pages of content. The zine is professionally printed by the fine people at Best Value Copy. Additionally, I will send a pdf version of the zine to the email address attached to your order!
- A version of Sanguinia inspired by the Gothic fear of feudalism’s oppressive excesses.
- A new background for characters: penny dreadful writer.
- Two adventure seeds you can use to craft scenarios set in Ravenloft: the grim possibility of a war between Dracula and Strahd and a campaign framework based on stopping a malefactor from resurrecting the Darklord of Barovia after his demise.
- Two nonplayer characters for use in your games: Reverend Krast and Sister Vulcra, two witchfinders corrupted by fanaticism and zealotry.
- Two additional factions to Ravenloft from my home campaign and offers an alternate take on the Vhage Agency detailed in Van Richten’s Guide.
- Ideas for sinister spiritualists you might create as characters for games set in the Domains of Dread.
- A table that generates Dark Secrets for the characters in your campaign and suggests mechanics for making those secrets matter.
- A bibliography of dark fantasy works for your edification and entertainment.
- Cover art by Michael Gibbons.
A few copies of earlier zines remain:
- SLMK #1 (8 copies of the second printing left)
- SLMK #2 (3 copies of the first printing left)
- Dirge of Urazya (8 copies of the second printing left)