Sunday, March 27, 2022

More Strahd Loves, Man Kills Coming Soon

 

The picture of the right is of the "dummy" (printed on my laser printer at home) copies of the next six issues of Strahd Loves, Man Kills. Yes, I was working on six issues at one time. Which, by the way, I do not recommend; if you want to make a zine, it's better to finish one issue before moving on to the next. And yet, all six are now done! 

In fact, the pages for issues four-through-nine have already been professionally printed, as seen in the picture to the left. That is a lot of paper. At the time of this writing, I am busy assembling each issue. My long arm stapler is crying at the thought of this herculean task. 

But it will get done, and issue four will go on sale in early April. After that, I think I will be making a new issue available every other month. That's the plan, anyway.

As with the earlier issues, when an issue of SLMK sells out of its initial print run, I will make the pdf of it available as community content. Issues one and two are already available to all and sundry over on the sidebar of this blog. Issue three will probably soon join them soon.

However, I have some good news and some bad news about the zine going forward. Let's start with the bad news and get that over with.

I'm going to have to raise the price slightly. You may have heard that paper is in shorter supply these days due to pandemic-related shenanigans and hiccups in the supply chain. This has caused the price of printing my pages to increase, and unfortunately the price per zine has to follow suit. It sucks, I hate it, but that's where we're at right now in 2022.

Hopefully the good news will counterbalance that a bit.

Starting with issue four, each issue of SLMK will have an additional four pages of content. Even if the price is increasing a bit, you will be getting more bang for your buck. I'm extremely excited for people to get a look at the stuff the zine has in store.

I've also found better ways to ship internationally. Expect the shipping fee to decrease if you're overseas and especially if you're in Canada!

Finally, I will be restocking a limited number of print copies of issues one and two since people have requested those. There aren't a ton of them in my inventory, so if you want one, strike while the iron is hot. The Big Cartel is here.