- Castle Konstantine is the ancestral seat of power of the von Konstantine family, and current home to the lord of Arksylvania, Gabriel von Konstantine. Gabriel von Konstantine prefers to let his cities and towns be governed by his loyal burgomasters and boyars.
- Gabriel von Konstantine's council are his three wives, Sophronia, Doriana, and Lystra.i
- Gabriel von Konstantine has a fetish for new technology; he often extends invitations to inventors who push the boundaries of scientific and alchemical progress.ii
The Church of the Wounded God
- The Church believes in the existence of a single deity, the Wounded God, who takes the world's sins upon himself so that the faithful might be saved from the fires of Hell.iii The Church is currently overseen by Prester Theodoric III and his synod.
- The Church practices the rite of Blood Communion, in which wine in a sacred chalice is transubstantiated into the healing and protective blood of the Wounded God.
- The Church has many specialized branches: monks and nuns who operate hospices and retreats, inquisitors and witchfinders who ferret out heresy, and traveling exorcists who purge unclean spirits.
The Order of the Crimson Martyrdom
- The Order of the Crimson Martyrdom is a secretive and outlawed branch of the Church of the Wounded God pledged to drive all supernatural evil from Arksylvania.
- The Order employs a number of smiths and inventors who craft new weapons in the fight against the Devil and his earthy agents. It also employs monks and scholars to research the folklore surrounding diabolic monstrosities in order to better combat their pernicious influence.iv
- The Crimson Martyrs have a number of safe-houses scattered throughout Arksylvania's communities.v
The Corvis Mountains
- According to legend, Marrowvale—an ancient school of black magic—is hidden in the Corvis Mountains.