- House Talionis is an ancient and prosperous family of dragonborn who reside in Saltmire.
- In the distant past, the dragonborn of House Talionis were created by a vampire Noble named Vlakos Terez. Count Terez performed alchemical experiments upon dragon eggs to create an army of powerful dragonborn warriors who would dutifully defend his territory and make war against the forces of his foes among the Nobility.
- When Lord Terez disappeared, the dragonborn fighters continued to protect the people who inhabited Terez’s domain. Over time, they evolved from a warrior caste into a respected family of local aristocracy fulfilling a feudal purpose.
- Elements of House Talionis’s original purpose remains; the family has grown wealthy over the generations from providing a trained military force and constabulary to Saltmire. House Talionis has become synonymous with law and order in the town.
- House Talionis makes generous donations to the Church of Aeonian Requiem. They cultivate a reputation for piety, though adherence to the Broken God’s tenets varies greatly between members of the house. Some are zealots, others merely pay lip service.
- Although the Angelfish Combine trains and employs its own guards, they bolster their forces stationed at the docks with soldiers from House Talionis.
- House Talionis is engaged in a feud with House Tanaka, the other great aristocratic family in Saltmire. Although the exact cause of the feud is lost to time, most members of House Talionis believe that their family’s honor was loudly and publicly impugned by a knavish bravo of House Tanaka.
* * *
House Talionis is one of the "powder keg" factions in Saltmire, as detailed here.