- Maximum angst and melodrama.
- Aesthetic inspirations: The Crow, the Underworld movies, Evanescence, The Craft, metalcore (especially when it makes Tim Burton references), the peculiar scent you only ever experienced in a Hot Topic in the early 00s.
- Limiting racial options to only the darque stuff: shadar-kai, drow, tiefling.
- Limiting class options to only the darque stuff: Bard (College of Whispers), Cleric (Death or Grave domains), Monk (Way of the Long Death and Way of the Shadow), Paladin (Oath of Vengeance only), Ranger (Gloom Stalker), Rogue (Thieves and Assassins), Sorcerer (Shadow Magic origin), Warlock (only Fiends, Great Old Ones, Hexblades, and the Undying as patrons).
- Any background, I guess, but your character is a LONER with NO FAMILY, okay?
- Add inspiration rules that reward melancholic oration and edgelord behavior.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
The Teenage Goth Ravenloft Campaign
Here's a pitch for a Ravenloft game I'd love to run sometime: