Two locations that might be explored in Hemlock Hollow:
The Black Chapel
Once a church of the Holy Blood, the Black Chapel has been defiled and is now home to satanic rites performed to honor the Devil.
• The Black Chapel’s exterior had been painted black, its stained glass windows have been replaced by blood-red panes, and its spires are decorated with grotesque gargoyles.
• The chapel’s sacred altar has been replaced by a grand throne of silver and dark wood.
• During the black masses performed within the Black Chapel, a figure of smoke and ash—a manifestation of the Devil’s will—sits upon this profane throne and presides over the sacrilegious sabbaths.
• The Graymalks make ritual blood sacrifices to appease their dark master deep within the crypts beneath the Black Chapel.
Partially encircling Hemlock Hollow is a deep, dangerous forest known as Kressig Woods.
• Kressig Woods is home to a particularly vicious band of seductive and cruel dryads.
• The dryads of Kressig once lived in peace with the people of Hemlock Hollow prior to their turn toward deviltry, but the evil of the Graymalk witches has exerted a corrupting influence over them.
• The befouled dryads of Kressig Woods are particularly dangerous for any virile man who wanders into their territory—they attempt the most devious snares to get their hands on any men who enter Kressig Woods.
• Any men charmed into submission by the dryads are used for labor and to provide the seed they need to give birth to the next generation of dryads.
• Once a man has served his purpose, or the dryads tire of his company, he is released and hunted for sport.