Hexmoon Sabbath: A Folk Horror Doom is a supplement detailing three witches, who call themselves Hexbrides, and a brief campaign set-up that gives an outline of how to use them in a campaign arc. In Powered by the Apocalypse games, this is what they might call a "front":
The core of any standard adventure, scenario or game session in Dungeon World ﬂows outward from the fronts to the players; the fronts have their impending dooms, the players react, and in the space between, you play the game to find out what happens. (Koebel and LaTorra, Dungeon World)
The Hexbrides can be plugged into any setting, but I've included notes on how to use them with the Umberwell, Cinderheim, and Krevborna settings published by Dolorous Exhumation Press.
The supplement includes:
- A one-page introduction to the Hexbrides.
- A one-page sketch of a campaign arc that gives an example of how they might be used as antagonists in your games.
- Each Hexbride gets a four-page section that describes the witch herself, her coven, her tower fortress, her unusual weaponry, and a random table of adventure ideas.
- A one-page sketch of where you might locate each Hexbride's tower in the Krevborna, Cinderheim, and Umberwell settings.
- A list of musical and cinematic inspirations to take your cues from if needed.
- The supplement's format includes a pdf for screen reading as well as the files necessary should you wish to print your own hard copy.
Click here to be whisked away to Hexmoon Sabbath's DriveThruRPG page. Click here to view the range of offerings available from Dolorous Exhumation Press.
Dolorous Exhumation Press...a name you can trust all the way to the grave and beyond!