Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bewildering Attitudes I Have Encountered in the Wild (Part 1 of shut up)

  • Forget social niceties and a basic level of politeness, I have a point to make about game design!
  • The products I'm making? They are options that are creative and fun. The products they're making? Bloat that will eventually destroy the hobby.
  • Old games are better. No, I can't really explain why, except something-something creativity. No, I'm not talking about nostalgia!
  • My game is a player-driven sandbox; the conclusion of it will be listening to me narrate what happens to your characters and their won't be a damn thing you can do about how I've decided the game ends.
  • Old-school D&D is the game you should use for everything. All your fantasy needs, obviously, but it should also be your go-to system for spies, sci-fi, westerns, horror, superheroes, cyberpunk, and the drama of the lives of Chilean miners. Old D&D is all there is, and all there should be.